The Office of the Assistant Surgeon General, Region 20 is part of STARFLEET Medical, which is a branch of STARFLEET International. Our focus is to oversee medical operations and provide support and assistance to Chapter Medical Officers of STARFLEET by guiding them to appropriate exams at the Academy and sharing medically related information.
Our services to the Region include:
- Provide each chapter and by extension, each member, support to further medical knowledge and/or programs for the chapter/individual
- Encourage chapters/members to become certified in CPR/First-Aid and to promote such training in their communities.
- Achieve a short-term goal of at least one member of each chapter to be certified in CPR/First-Aid.
- Hold a “Medical: Panel” and provide medical Information at IC and/or local Regional Summits.
- Achieve a long-term goal of having every member in SFI to have some sort of CPR/First-Aid training and to encourage every chapter to hold annual CPR/First-Aid Awareness Events and provide free or low-cost training to their communities.
- An opportunity for chapter medical staff to come together and share ideas to develop programmes and activities on their own ships.
If you are currently serving your chapter as a Chief Medical Officer, doctor, nursing staff or technicians then the STARFLEET Medical Corps is interested in hearing from you.
Currently the Assistant Surgeon General for Region 20 has settled into a quiet corner office within Facebook. Please drop by and say hello.
Mark Logan,PhD, SFMD
Chief Medical Officer, Region 20
STARFLEET Medical Corps